Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Monday, April 23, 2012

It Never Rains in California?

Monday, April 23, 2012

Heading home to Seattle from San Diego in the rain seems fitting! Light rain greeted us as we walked to the car at five a.m. for the trip downtown to the Amtrak station. This leg of my journey home will take me to Los Angeles for the transfer for Seattle, and takes about two and three quarter hours. Now that it is daylight I see lots of fog and what continues to be some rain out there. Sheri and I didn't know how fortunate we were for our bike ride yesterday.

No rain in L.A. at the moment, and the clouds are high with a promise of sun filtering through. Union station is so much nicer than Seattle's. Then again EVERY station we have stopped at, including the smallest of small, has been so much nicer than Seattle's. Seattle has been in the throes of remodel for as long as I can recall, and "under construction" is the best description I can come up with.

At the other end of the station, and near Track 10 where my train will be, is a little spot set up for sleeper guests (I feel so special) with complimentary coffee/tea and juice. That and the snack pack I picked up at Starbucks near Sheri's house (thanks Sheri) did the trick for my mid morning snack.

My train is due to board in a minute or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment