Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Monday, October 22, 2012

Canyonlands 10/22/2012

There is not a lot to write about, but so much to see and experience. Even more spectacular to see it all from the saddle of a bike. I will let the photos do most of the "talking".

Around each bend there appeared another piece of beauty. I was beginning to think I might not get to our planned lunch at the visitor's center before dark if I kept stopping to take photos. The ones I am including here are just a few of the many I took. Hard to choose.




 

 

 

A few of the folks in the group...

Our leaders - Gary, Dan, Kirk
Tim who is back on his beloved bike and still recovering from an accident he had five years ago.
Daisy who has built her own house in New Mexico and does ceramic art
Everyone at the end of today's route
Back to more scenery...

 

Wooden Shoe Arch
 

Newspaper Rock
 

 

Me at the end of our day
Once I had my picture taken here, many others wanted one too, and since we are all riding similar bikes, they kept mine there for their prop so not to have to wheel out their own.

Sheila and Judyth exchanging places with my bike
And the crow watches our antics
 

Now I am nicely tired and ready for bed -- need to rest up for another full and fun day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment