Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Sunday, March 3, 2013

In San Diego

Saturday 3/2/13

Not only did we make up any lost time, but we arrived in L.A. a few minutes earlier than scheduled. Connector train is another three hour ride to San Diego which arrives at the most inconvenient time of 1:00 a.m.. Poor Sheri had to pick me up in the middle of the night.

I had my usual trainside walk in the sun before heading south. We finally got to see the ocean.

 

Morning trainside walk
Is there still oil in them thar hills?
Ocean view through the Parlour car window

 

Surf and sand

After a night's sleep I was up early and got out for my (longer) walk around the neighborhood. I knew I was in a "tropical" zone when I passed by the Bird of Paradise flower and the lemon tree.

Bird of Paradise

 

Lots of lemons on the bush

Then I rounded the corner to find the totem pole-like yard art to remind me of home in Seattle.

Looks a little sad

 

Sheri and I then went to enjoy the outdoor hot tub (felt so good on my ailing hip and back) and pool for about an hour. I need to get a photo of that later. It was delightful.

Sheri then boiled up some shrimp and cooked edemame for us all (we had two visitors and Alexis was home from work) to enjoy in the late afternoon.

I am so disappointed that I did not take my camera with me to the Greek Restaurant we later went to for dinner. I missed some great shots of the belly dancer who entertained us.

 

She didn't conduct classes tonight, but she went to each table and offered to dance with anyone (a few took her up on it)

By the time we got home I was bushed and hit the bed hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment