Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Breakfast in town and storms

Sunday & Monday 7/7&8/2013

After we used our coupon for breakfast at the Lodge Inn, Susan sat on the porch to do research for fly tying and I rode the roads of Lincoln. Twice. It's a small town.

Susan researching
Some of Susan's flies from a very (very) large collection!

I noticed a cabin that looked like it would make a decent photo so I stopped for it. There she was -- the deer simply watched me, then moseyed on across the road in front of me.

Deer and cabin
These are the pined lined roads I was cycling along
A touch of Montana

 

We had a good storm come up when Ray and Vicki were here on Friday -- they come up fast around here -- and Vicki said, in a minute there will be sunshine. The fishers cut short their angling to get home before the heavy wind, the thunder, the big hard rain and the lightning got them. After about twenty minutes the sun came out and there was a nice rainbow.

Today I entertained myself with finishing reading one of my books (The Guardian), doing an ukelele lesson, having my lunch and cleaning up a little. Then I radioed Susan (she was of course fishing) that I was going out for a walk. No more that ten minutes into my walk I heard the thunder behind those deep, dark clouds. Recalling the experience from last week, I headed back and radioed Susan to make sure she was heading back as well. This morning we had had a squall with lightning and all that comes with it -- but this afternoon we had only thunder, a little wind and a little rain. Not sure what the remainder of the day will bring, but I will try for that walk again if possible. Today is a stay at the cabin day.

Two birds separately followed along with be on my walk flying from pillar to post as I approached.

One of my guardians perhaps
This one is not sure whether to look at me
I saw those dark clouds behind me, so headed home

 

OK, so -- about 40 minutes later the storm passed and the sky lightened up. Time for my walk.

The same sky -- a little lighter

 

Horses came to greet me on my walk

 

No comments:

Post a Comment