Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Activities abound

Monday, July 28, 2014

After my most pleasant morning coffee shop wifi stop I biked back to the state park and joined the few swimmers. Sarah had gone with her dad, uncle and aunt for a round of golf, and Jeremy, Susan, Jaydon and Lucy headed for the beach.

Early morning swim time

Just around the corner is a dock where fisher people can cast in.

See Lucy's Strider bike in the middle of our Bike Fridays

 

Jaydon says "there's a fish down there"

 

They all try to get that fish

After sun, water and fishing time we headed to the house for nap and quiet time. I had a nice quiet time and reading time before getting on my bike for a little exploring around town. There is not a whole lot in town but I like to see every corner. My plan is to, at some point ride down the road that parallels the highway where Susan and I drove for a bit the first day here. That will bring me to tons of fruit orchards and the quiet country side. Later.

A handmade bird feeder from what one has on hand

 

I did not know this is an apple town, and have not heard of "Gold Digger"
Evidence of apple town -- crates awaiting apple season

 

Directly across from the apple crates appears to be lumber town

I was just getting into this exploring of the town when the dreaded happened -- rear flat tire! It takes me forever to change this complex Bike Friday rear tire, but I did contemplate doing it had it not been about 95 degrees in the sun AND shade. Plus the shade brought bugs. I did the next best thing (some might call it the best thing) and called Susan. I was about a mile from the house and she was still in the van maneuvering to park, so she was fine to come and rescue me.

We arrived at the "Big House" for more fun. Greg (Don's brother) is always up for anything and he was the one who lead us each into a dive off the dock for a cooling swim in the lake.

Susan launches Greg in the kayak

Greg in the kayak was the final photo before my camera ran out of battery. So I think I will do more about the remainder of this day in the next day's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment