Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

July 2015 Part 1

We arrived home from our southeast jaunt on June 30th, and I spent the first week of July basically caring for Sarah's cats while they were in Alaska spending time with Jeremy's parents.
 
Lily in her lion's cut
Higgins who always thinks the only reason I am at his house is to feed him

I knew that Higgins and Lily missed their family and all the busyness that surrounds them every day, so I tried to make some "noise" while I stayed for an hour after feeding them. I say noise because some of it was my singing which some would consider noise. Other was talking to them about silly things. I doubt any of this made much difference to them, but it made me feel better.

I chose to ride my bike to their house for feedings, and so added a few extra miles going to and from. A couple of those miles meander around the county airport and the Flying Heritage Museum. I did not choose to enter the museum (time and cost) but got a view of an airplane in the hangar that I never get to see on other rides through here.

 
There's a plane in that hangar..
.... and here it is.



A ride through the country side. Mount Baker in the distance.

In addition to my bike rides to Higgins and Lily, I had a few other rides with friends. This is a mixture of some of them.

Riverside lunch stop
Parked bikes by the river for our lunch stop


A different ride brought us to Padilla Bay at low tide
Crossing UP and over the bridge toward Anacortes

 

View from the top of that bridge of a long ago sunken boat

 

A favorite sign as we wind through the country roads on the way to Mount Vernon

Fortunately we were home in time for my monthly movie/llunch outing with Pat. We saw "SPY" which was surprisingly good. I am not the biggest fan of comedy, but this one was quite good. I knew that Susan and I would be taking off again for much of July and August, so I did as much with friends as time allowed before packing again! And now it is time for me to complete that packing as we take off this morning for the first adventure! More later.

Happy Summer.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment