Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Catching Up #1 (November & December 2015)

The end of 2015 was not only busy with Holiday stuff. We also had a lot of weather, and both Susan and I ended up doing something about health issues (we are both fine and no biggies at least for now). My biggest news on that front is that I now have hearing aids!!!! And those are making a very nice difference for me as I can now hear conversations around the table and from across the room. There are still a few of my very soft spoken friends that I struggle to hear -- but I can now at least hear them!

November brought us a couple of windstorms and one in particular was huge!

Big power outages and many big trees blown down, debris was everywhere -- on the roads, in people's yards and on playgrounds.

 

This tree came precariously close to a house

 

Workmen had a lot of work

Not to be outdone, we had ice and fog visit us as well.

 

Fog on my neighborhood ride

 

Frost on our lawn

 

Fog at the curbside only -- and I stayed clear of it

Then came December! Still cold, foggy at times, but we had some sun too.

 

Silver Lake on a foggy morning ride

 

Silver Lake the next day on a clear morning ride

 

A bike ride stop at the Honey Stand on a sunny day

 

My Friend B-A finds just the right honey

 

We still had icy creeks hanging on

And then we traveled to Leavenworth for the annual pre-Christmas family gathering.

 

The "serious" photo

 

The photo where everyone has to change places from the other photo

 

We had a few more Holliday celebrations and gatherings that brought 2015 to a close.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment