Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Sunday, November 13, 2016

2016 Coffeeneuring Challenge 7: Spotted Cow

  • Spotted Cow, Mill Creek WA
  • November 13 (could have been raining ;'-))
  • Sencha Green Tea (Tea Forte)
  • 25 miles
  • Dragon socks

It had rained last night, and continued into the early morning. I checked our rain gauge -- the puddle at the end of our driveway -- at about 9:15 to see that there was no rain at the moment.

 

No Rain

I put on my dragon socks, packed my rain pants (just in case) and got in the saddle for a ride.

 

Dragon Socks

I left home at about 10:15 for the ride to Mill Creek. It was gray and cloudy and, after having been riding in 65-70 degree days this past week, the 48 degrees felt rather chilly for my first few pedal strokes. It didn't take long to warm up however, and I had a nice, cool, non-raining ride.

 

The ducks were feeding in a nearby pond along my route.

 

 

I arrived at Spotted Cow where there are no bike racks. I put my bike near the rear entrance, used my poor man's lock and chose a table near the window where I could keep an eye on it. I ordered my fare but was a bit disappointed. I had not been asked if I wanted it for "here" or "to go", so I assumed there was not a choice. After I got served and made my way to my table, I noticed that others had actual plates and cups with saucers.

 

Mine was served in paper cup and foil wrap. ;'-(

Seeing what looked like a fine assortment of teas, I happily chose Sencha which is my go to tea when I am not familiar with the brand.

 

I thought "Tea Forte" sounded great.

When I got my cup of tea it appeared to be whole leaf tea that they themselves put into little bags. Even better, I thought. But -- the tea ended up being weak (I left the bag in the cup through the end) and tasteless.

The pastry choices were not only limited, but by this time (11:30), there were even less choices. Since it was approaching lunch time for me, I chose a "savory" scone. It was "OK".

 

 

This is not a place I will have on my list of places to come back to as I was left unimpressed. Leaving Spotted Cow, I rode through the back parking lot to appreciate the last of fall colors.

 

Some of the colorful fall leaves continue to cling to their trees as a last gasp of fall hits.

 

I took a longer route home and rode through the county airport. This has become my route of choice when riding home from this area. It adds miles to the loop, but if I have time that is what I like. This time I got on the trail after leaving McCollum Park. But first I would make a stop.

 

I have stopped to see this in the past, and it is the only such memorial I know of.

I didn't take the time to read all the names here, but of those I did read, many were in their mid to late 20's. A sad memorial indeed.

Continuing on, the trail takes me up and over the busy highway.

 

As I approached the airport, and had less than half an hour to get home, there were just a few sparse raindrops that fell on me. I was at the ready with my rainpants, but never needed them as that (little bit of) rain was gone within no more than 15 minutes,

 

Museum of Flight plane on display on my route.

A fine morning of riding, and the finish of the 2016 challenge for me as I reach #7 for teaneuruing. Although -- I am now a patch carrying member of "Always Coffeeneuring" so there is no end to it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment