Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Friday, March 24, 2017

Errandonnee 2017

I will again this year participate in the challenge. I love "self-imposed" challenges, and I love doing errands by bike. So what better reason to join Mary's Errandonnee challenge. There are (a bunch of) rules, the main one being that you must do 12 errands (by bike) within 12 days. You can (thankfully for us out here in the wet) do any number in a day.

One of the other rules is to include a photo of my errandonnee-ing bike.

My errandonnee bike -- and my touring bike-- and my daily ride bike -- and my anything else I do on a bike bike

At the end of the post I will put a summary of the errands I have done to meet the category rules.

PERSONAL CARE: (1)

Bike Ride with Cindy

It is always a delight to ride with Cindy. What I learned on the ride is how much a bike ride can lift my spirits. Another thing learned is our lunch stop at MOD Pizza where I have not been before.

PERSONAL BUSINESS: (2)

Mailbox deposit

 

A bit of sun for this one ;'-)
I don't normally take a "selfie" so learned on this one that I actually can!
A bit of sun for this one ;'-)

 

Banking

Not much for me to learn on this errand. Maybe that I need to do less spending!

COMMUNITY SRVICE (or call it Volunteering?) (2)

Donation of goods for someone else's needs.

 

I learned that there are more donations stations not too far from home.

Old Meds taken for destroying rather than dumping down the drain.

 

Not much learned except that they will accept meds in the bottle or bagged all together.

ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT:

The Library for DVD.

I learned that Susan and I are not the only "Murder She Wrote" junkies! We were on the wait list for this DVD and had to get the later season before this season was available. Who knew!?

STORE:

Safeway for some groceries.

 

I learned to choose to believe the app that has the best forecast ;'-). I rode with little to no rain.

Bartell for a couple of things

 

I learned to not waste a trip. Since I was already in the store to buy the floss, I might just as well get the snickers bar!

Social Call -- Breakfast with my friend

 

I learned about a class she is taking at the Senior Center that I want to take if and when it is offered next year. A problem might be that it takes a twelve (that's 12) week commitment!

NON-STORE:

Little Library

 

I learned how full of books this little kiosk is!

Post Office

 

I learned I could get LOVE stamps ;'-)

WILD CARD:

Reward at Henry's Donuts

 

What can I say about what I learned?? How tasty a donut can be?

 

And so it goes! I have completed my goal and the challenge and had lots of fun doing it. I logged more than the minimum of 30 total miles as I did somewhere around 60.

The categories, Seven of Which Must be Satisfied, no more than two in each category"

  • Personal Care -- 1 done (Bike Ride with Cindy)
  • Personal Business -- 2 done (Mailbox, Bank)
  • You carried WHAT on your bike (or back)?!
  • Arts and Entertainment -- 1 done (Library for DVD)
  • Non-Store Errand -- 2 done (Little Library; Post Office)
  • Social Call (includes restaurants, coffee, and other social activities) --1 done (meet B-A for breakfast)
  • Work or Volunteering (or Community Service!) -- 2 done (Donation Station; Old meds to PD)
  • Store -- 2 done (Safeway, Bartell)
  • Wild Card (surprise me!) -- 1 done ----- REWARD for self (Henry's Donuts

No comments:

Post a Comment