Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Friday, April 14, 2017

30 Days of April: April 13



I had to convince myself to not feel guilty! After taking the Honda in for its service this morning I rushed home (in sun & partial blue sky), changed into my bike clothes and jumped on my bike. The very second I pulled out of the garage there were deep clouds and some light rain drops! What the heck happened to the sun and blue???

I got on my bike anyway thinking it would be fine in a little while. That is when some big wind headed at me. I kept going a little further and stopped to take a picture. Putting up the camera, it jammed and I couldn't get it to work! Grr. I rode on and when I turned a corner the rain drops were big and cold! Enough, I announced to no one, and turned for home.

So after a mere 4 miles I was home and feeling that guilt set in! Then the sun came out in an hour or so and the guilt grew. To soothe my wounds I acknowledge that my legs felt heavy and slow; my body felt sore and tired; my psyche was annoyingly antagonistic in persuading me to turn home; and the weather was just iffy enough for me to be easily persuaded. I guess I simply need an almost full rest day!

BUT, I did get on my bike for the 13th day ;'-0.

Only one photo today -- after which my camera jammed.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment