Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

30 Days of April: April 17

Vickie came over from Whidbey and I biked down to the ferry to meet her.

 

 

 

It has been quite a while since we have biked together -- I think maybe Michigan last fall was the last time! We decided to do our "fall back" Everett loop as we had no other idea in mind, and this ride is convenient for both of us.

Right off the bat, Vickie took us on an "optional" loop that was oh so hilly! And yesterday's long hilly ride had my legs rather sore and tired today. But I considered it "exercise" and made it up those hills as I was reminded why it is that I do not usually do this loop. Our day started out sunny and bright with only a hint of clouds moving in ;'-)

 

See the blue sky over the lighthouse!

Once done with that hilly (extra loop), we climbed a few rollers to get to the foot bridge that crosses over the busy road. Stopped at the bridge so I could catch my breath! Then meandered around the marina for a closer view of those boats in yesterday's photo. Lunch was at our ususal stop on this route -- Seas the Day.

 

Nice rack ;'-)
 
Great statue

As we walked out of the cafe, there were a few drops from the sky happening, and the clouds were thick and dark. What happened while our backs were turned? But our destination was toward the lighter part of the sky, and we were able to avoid any actual rain. The route through Everett had light traffic and we seemed to "breeze" right through town.

 

I just liked this red chair sitting on a porch

We parted ways a few miles from the end of our loop as Vickie went into Fluke Industries to visit a few of her old co-workers and would take a different route back to the ferry. And I took my direct route home.

No comments:

Post a Comment