Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Ride & Seek: #10, 11, 12

This one was quite easy ...

 

The last two on the list are the ones I had wondered, short of having Susan dress up in a robe for my return from a bike ride, where in the world I was going to find both of them!

Susan and I had gone for a few nights camping and exploring near Cle Elum at the Teanaway area. For the return trip I biked into Cle Elum from our campground and met Susan, who drove the van and camper into town. After my nice little tea & crumpet stop at the renowned Cle Elum Bakery, I continued on to the Ranger Station, our pre-determined meet-up spot.

 

First things first ;'-)

As I was nearing the Station, I almost went past the Thrift Store! When I saw displays in the window, I screeched to a halt to see if there might be a robe hanging there. Nope! No robe. So I went inside and approached to two young women working the counter saying, "I have a really weird question". They cleared the counter in front of themselves and leaned forward on their elbows and said, "we are ready". Long story short, they were excited to help me and led me to the ring of hanging robes. They invited me to either bring in my bike (I need to include at least a part of my bike in the photos), or take the robe outdoors. I chose outdoors.

 

As I saddled up to leave, they wished me luck in my Scavenger Hunt. Two more really wonderful people to add to my list during this challenge.

For my last item, I knew what and where I would get the photo. But I needed to wait until I was leading my Pedal Pushers bike ride on the route up in the north end. During my "opening speech" to the twelve riders, I requested their indulgence for a stop where I could get the photo. They were more than happy to do so.

 

This ends the Ride & Seek game for May. June will be "iffy" for me as we will be in Amsterdam for part of that month. We leave on May 25th for a ten day Bike & Barge trip, then stay for an additional six days on our own. It may be fun to ride & seek while on the bike tour, but when on our own we will most likely not be biking. I plan to blog during our trip -- depending on time and wifi availability -- so come back to see how and what we are doing.

Thanks for visiting my blog ;'-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment