Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Heading Home 4/23-24/2012

Near San Luis Obispo is the Horseshoe curve where, at one point, the front of the train and the rear of the train become directly across from each other. This to avoid a steep climb into the mountains.

At one part of the curve of the horseshoe is the San Luis Obispo Men's Prison.

The trip toward north affords views of the Pacific Ocean that we were not able to enjoy in the dark when headed south. The upright paddle surfers enjoy the waves, and there are a few nice ocean views, but looking at the expanse of nothing but the sea recalls to me why I am not interested in going on an ocean cruise. I know there are highlights of the cruise, but waiting to get to an interesting port while driving upon the vast sea does not call to me.

I have seen very few oil fields, and even fewer working oil fields. Chevron oil fields are hard at work.

I tried to get a photo of the morning sunrise over what I think might have been Mount Shasta, but by the time I got my camera ready we were in the trees and this was the best I could do. It was a gorgeous sunrise.

 

Unlike a couple of passengers I talked with, I sleep well on the train. The upper bunk seems to cradle me, and the movement of the train rocks me to sleep. Very nice.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment