Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tea and Shower

Many of you know of my dilemmas with tea (none available, tiny cups with minimal fill, tepid rather than hot water, etc.). I have learned to bring my thermos and some tea bags, and have the kitchen fill me up with hot water (several times a day). ;'-) Turns out I could have brought a bigger thermos...

 

And I have had my battles with the showers of my travels (no not water, no water at all, water stopping in the midst of my shower, not the correct coins/tokens, to name a few). I had success this morning, but only by the skin of my teeth! I was most likely the first passenger up out of bed this morning. You can see the strap that would allegedly keep me from falling out in a misdirected turn-over.

Up early meant I could walk downstairs to the shower room undetected in my jammies. I had a great, hot, full time shower and by the time I was dressed and back in my roomette, I found we had stopped. We had just pulled into Sacramento and would be here for an hour. When we are stopped (I learned on my last trip), there is no shower. Skin of my teeth!

I took advantage of our long stop and walked to the station and then along the trainside and got an up close look at the private cars -- more about that later, as it is now time for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment