Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Monday, September 24, 2012

A week in Michigan September 2012

I am embarking on another adventure. My friend Vickie is spending two months visiting with her dad in Midland, MI and has invited some friends to join her if they wish. Once I heard there were bicycling opportunities, and a canoe trip, and fall colors, how could I pass up such a generous offer? Our friend Gerry is joining me for the trip and we are flying there and back together.

An additional benefit for me is that I do not need to take my bike with me as Vickie has a spare one to lend me. It is a Bike Friday that I think has some different set ups and components from mine so there may be a learning curve. Gerry will be renting a bike. I am sorry that Susan cannot join me this time (wage slave that she remains), but I cooked up enough food to get her through most of the days that I am gone. In exchange she has agreed to take my Bike Friday in for a full tune up and check over. Good trade I think.

Gerry and I took the commuter train from Mukilteo station (Gerry took the ferry from her home on Whidbey Island and I took the bus from home to the station) to Seattle for the Link train that would bring us to the airport. A great way to get there if your flight time coordinates. Ours does, so we are through the inspection and at our gate. We board in an hour and I just wanted to update here before we take off. Most likely my next post will be tomorrow as we get into Saginaw (where Vickie will pick us up) late tonight.

Hope you who read and follow me will check back and follow me again. ;'-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment