Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Nature Preserve

Friday & Saturday 3/8 & 3/9/13

Alexis generously loaned me her car for the morning until she had to use it for work in the early afternoon. I drove toward the valley (or a valley as there seem to be many around) and came upon the Mission Trails Regional Park and Nature Preserve. I spent some time inside and out exploring the exhibits. There are lots of hiking trails but I when I saw the sign recruiting our help in using cell phones to report anything suspicious, I thought better of hiking alone. I enjoyed staying close and ogling the nearby stuff.

A view of the (I think) Kumeyaay Indian Tribe sculptures form sitting in an alcove carved into one of them
The Research Library
A view from the second floor
Picturing the many activities available here
Kumeyaa House
Mountain Lions and

 

Coyotes and...
Butterflies, oh my.

Shortly after I returned home and Alexis left for work, Sheri arrived home early from her work. We had some nice time together as she relaxed from a very busy week at work (the reason she could leave a bit earlier today).

Finally Sheri had a day off on Saturday -- and there was family "do" they had to go to. A baby shower for Alexis's nephew that they spared me from attending! Once home, Sheri and I took a nice drive to Shelter Island where Susan and I had stayed when we were down here two years ago. We had a delightful lunch overlooking the bay and boats before strolling along the promenade by water side. We waved at the SEAL as it passed by on its tour of the Bay, recalling the fun day we had aboard last week.

My final day here.

My train leaves very early Sunday morning ...

Sheri dropped me off at 5:30 a.m. for the three hour train ride to L.A. where I switch to the train to Seattle

...and I get home Monday evening. It is always hard to say goodbye, but going home has a nice ring to it! I miss home and all my family and friends so it will be great to get back to them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment