Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Friday, March 8, 2013

On my own

Wednesday & Thursday 3/6 & 3/7

Wednesday was a true relaxing day! I lazed around the house a lot, walked the dogs a bit, and started to feel lazy. I put on my swim suit and walked up to the community pool for a hot tub soak and a little swim,

Hot tubbing in the sun -- how delightful
Nicely kept grounds at poolside -- and this afternoon I was the only one there

Other than dog walking, this was my only active part of the day. It felt quite good to relax and not worry about what I should be doing, or the list of chores and errands at home!

On Thursday I walked a LOT! I walked down to the bus stop for an early morning bus to the trolley station into downtown. I had thoughts of renting that bike, so was dressed in my cycling gear (shorts under long pants), picked up a Subway sandwich and proceeded to the bike shop.

The contrast (for Lynne) of the newer buildings with an older building in Gaslamp Quarter

Once in the bike shop -- I lost all interest in biking! So I left and walked down to Seaport Village for some tourist gawking. It was fairly quiet and few people out today. Basically the Village is a collection of shops and restaurants.

The walkway at Seaport Village

 

This is what the Village is all about

I did a bit of window shopping and worked my way to Embarcadero Park where I found a nice picnic table overlooking the Bay for my lunch stop.

Interesting trees (and tree roots) in Embarcadero Park

 

A closer look at the roots.

After my lunch I continued down to the main waterfront -- where I have toured around a lot in past trips so did not take repetitive photos -- and then caught an afternoon trolley home. The trolley system sure does make it easy to get to and from downtown San Diego from many outlying communities.

So far the weather forecasters here have been no better at forecasting than those in Seattle. They have called for rain the past two days but no rain so far. It was sunny on Wednesday and cloudy on Thursday, but warm at about 60 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment