Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Monday, July 28, 2014

Family arriving

Sunday, July 28, 2014

The Osoyoos State Park is directly on the Lake and has great swimming area, and bicycling for little kids would be fun on the various paths between and around the campsites. But camping here is somewhat akin to camping in a parking lot, except that there is green grass. But no privacy and no shade, and lots and lots of RVs. It was nice for the one night, but I would not want an extended stay there. And thank goodness for our screen tent which offers a little shade and a little privacy.

Our rig without privacy
A taste of how close we are to others

I ALMOST got in a bike ride.

A railroad trail -- I like the name, but did not like the trail surface

But the gravel surface was not hard packed enough for me to enjoy riding on it. Susan rode a short distance in searh of some fishing opportunity. After the first attempt from the trailhead was uphill on gravel, we drove further up the road and she tried again. Though she rode only a short distance, she got some great views of the river. (no fishing access).

The Similkameen River
Not to worry -- I will Yield

 

We had lunch at a place that had great wifi so I was able to get those last posts in. The family began arriving and we unloaded a ton of our ultralight gear into the house we are sharing with Sarah & Jeremy (and later in the week Jenny & Laurent).

The toys for the week of play (add this to others and there is nothing we cannot do!)

About half of the family is now here and the second house (which will be the "main or big" house) is a 3 minute walk from our house, and is directly on the lake. Our house is actually part of the State Park but does not have wifi. So I am writing this in the evening and will upload photos and publish the blog tomorrow. I might take myself on an early morning bike ride to that restaurant for at least tea and crumpet. ;'-)

Here I am at the espresso shop. There is no "exotic" tea, but I like Red Rose! I am enjoying time to myself and catching up with blogging and emails. Now I know where I will be each morning for same ;'-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment