Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Monday, September 29, 2014

Another fall Cyber ride (3) Summer turns to Fall

Earlier in September, written September 18, 2014

One of my neighborhood rides just before school was about to start. No big things to report except that yet again we had gorgeous weather. As I cycled along I thought of summer ending and fall beginning. I realize that though summer is my favorite season (my birthday is in the summer when family would always be celebrating outdoors; school, as a student and then as a teacher, was out for a couple of months; all my favorite activities are so welcome in the summer; the daylight hours are nice and long; the sky is so blue for so long; the heat of the sun would tan me and make me at least appear healthy as well as warm me when I emerged from swimming all day in the river with cousins; all, or most trips happen in the summer; etc. etc. etc.), fall runs a close second to summer.

I love the colors of fall -- the orange pumpkins in the fields and piled up at Safeway, the rich earthy tans and browns that cover the pastures and farmlands, the bright multi-colored leaves falling from the trees to line our walks, the variety of gourds and mounds of hay displayed at outdoor stands. And the change of weather feels good on my skin. The refreshing slight chill in the air still requires only light clothing, and the air and sky remain clear and clean.

So I bid farewell to this summer season, and welcome in these glorious days of fall. We'll see what I do with winter!

A sure sign of fall is the beginning of school and as I cycled on the trail that wanders through the various fields of our high school, there were the signs.

Girls' soccer team begins practice for the upcoming season.


Boys' football team starts practice sessions


The marching band gets ready for homecoming parade and football game.


The "brass" shines in the sun and the players continue to wear shorts for their practice session.




I had a good ride on this day (seldom do I have a bad day in the saddle), and liked having you with me.




 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment