Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Monday, September 29, 2014

Cyber Ride 2

Ride taken in August, but just written on September 29, 2014

 

At an attempt to "catch up", here is a cyber report of a ride I did a few weeks ago.


A friend and I discovered this wonderful (Russian we think) cafe that serves not only great pastries, but fantastic crepes and excellent Borscht soup!! It may be a family business as all the employees have an accent and appear to be part of the family. It's really cool!

We discovered the place while on a group bike ride with the local bike club as one of their stops on a route they do periodically. Once we discovered the crepes, we have made this a breakfast place to meet once in a while when there is nothing else on our calendar. An added benefit is that I can bike there from home.

While biking there on this day I was in thoughts of how fortunate I am and have been in my life. I had an idyllic childhood and upbringing (and continue to miss all of them whom I have lost, and I have lost all of them); I have had rather good health and strength to do my activities that I love; I live in a gorgeous part of the country; I have the best and most caring friends that I can share time with over multiple different interests; I have a warm and loving family life; there are lots of nice places to bike, and I have chums and good friends to bike with; I have my cyber friends that help to keep me inspired, and who fill some of my "quiet" times with writings, thoughts and encouragement; and this day was sunny and beautiful for a bike ride!

Here is what has become a Breakfast spot for me and my friend Bette-Ann. The crepes are sooooooo good! And if we decide to go at lunch time instead, the borsht and meat or veggie pastry do the trick.


Quite a choice of sweet pastries -- hard to pass up, and hard to make a choice! They have an abundant choice of good teas as well. Next time I am there I will try to remember to take a photo of the wall display of tea choices. And the tea is the loose leaf type, not tea bags. I have become such a tea snob!!!


In addition to sweet pastries there are lunch choices of filled buns and rolls, as well as freshly baked bread. My friend bought a loaf on one of our outings and ended up giving me half so that she would not eat the entire loaf to herself!! Mighty good, that fresh baked bread. I too have a weakness for bread and can basically make a meal of it.


After parting with Bette-Ann, I headed home and took a little spur road off my route, as this day was too nice to stop riding. This road takes me, for a mile or two, onto roads through the "Snohomish County Airport" and some of Boeing plant. The larger plant is a couple of miles away, but there is some work done here apparently. I have since taken a few more rides through here and always see this FedEx airplane. Interesting to ride so close up to such a big plane.

 

Another beautiful bike ride with my cyber friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment