Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Thursday, July 30, 2015

July 2015 Part 3b

Mount Rainier meandering.

Packwood is in the south foothills of Mount Rainier, which is a short drive away.

 

We enter Mount Rainier

At first the mountain appeared clear and fully in view. As we got near, it was a different story.

 

We all know that The Mountain makes her own weather

We drove first to Longmire where we could reminisce about our hike of 50 miles on the Wonderland Trail, and Susan could buy her "I Hiked the Wonderland Trail" a mere 14 years later. And I could buy a pair of earrings since I forgot mine at home.

We went on to Pardise and joined the crowds.

 

Susan descends into the hordes

Neither of us (especially I) was up for a big hike, but I agreed to the .8 mile hike to Myrtle Falls.

 

Not exactly wilderness for this hike, and we were joined by many

 

On the way to the falls, a heart opened The Mountain

 

Myrtle Falls

On the return from the Falls hike we got to spot this relaxing deer.

 

And as we ended our day on the road, she started showing more of herself.

 

 

We had a great time visiting and then headed home to Packwood. The next day we got lots of good clear mountain views that I will share in the next post. Now I must return to the campsite from this nice tea & crumpet shop I was able to finagle, and help with packing up for our next stop at Naches.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment