Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Errandonnee 2016: 1; 2; 3

Sunday, March 6, 2016

First I will say, as a few of my friends have reminded me, I have been neglectful in blogging! I do have some things to share and to document for myself, and will now hopefully get to doing that. Most likely those posts will be more photo journaling than actual writing.

Now about the Errandonnee Challenge. You will recall the coffeenering challenge I did...

 

...here is my swag from that as completion of two years of "Teaneuring". Well, the same person who does such a fantastic job of coordinating that challenge, Mary G., does an annual errand running challenge and this is what I am attempting to complete.

Simply put, one must complete 12 errands in 12 days by bike or run (I think that is a new addition this year). There are (of course) rules. About 16 rules. I'm not going to go into detail here, so if you are at all interested in seeing what I am doing, or in joining this fun challenge yourself, go to www.chasingmailboxes.com and read all about it.

For the past three days I have been battling a crud of some sort and thought I might have to ask Mary G for an exception to the dates rule. I had renewed hope this morning after a great night's sleep which made up for no night's sleep the day before, an appetite, and a positive look at getting into the shower! When any of those things happen, I know I am on the mend.

Forecast from our weather people is for rain most of today and thunderstorms. But I saw a window of opportunity at 7:30 a.m and took it! I had three little errands I could run on a loop from home and that would put me up to par for the challenge. I was sure I could do this even with recuperation consideration.

Errand #1 -- Post two pieces of mail

 

Errand #2 -- Recycle a few things

 

Errand #3 -- buy some antihistamine

 

 

When I started the ride I felt just a few light rain drops which continued to grow in number for the first few minutes. Could "they" be right about a thunderstorm coming to this area at 7:30?? But though the sky was dark the rain did not develop and I had no storm to ride through. When I finished my last errand, the sun was actually playing with me so I added a mile to my ride. My legs were a bit rubbery as evidence of my recent bout with that crud, but I had no hills to conquer so I was fine. But not fine enough to feel I should take a longer ride (or tempt fate about that rain).

My "paper work" (one of the rules):

  • Miles for three errands -- 4.3
  • Photos are above
  • Description is above
  • Categories (another rule): 2 Personal Care (antihistamine and recycle culled stuff from my wardrobe) 1 Personal Business (posting mail)
  • My observation:

 

As Mom always said -- Spring is just around the corner.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment