Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Errandonnee 2016: 8; 9; 10

They said no rain until 2:00 today. I would take advantage of this to run my more distant errands.

Errand #8 -- to my "tax man" George to have my tax return completed. File under Wild Card #1

 

Gather up all my paper work

 

Bike to George's house

 


I was fairly sure of a route to Geroge's house because it is on a part of my old work commute route. I knew I would have some hills -- better for fitness building -- but I had forgotten just how long one of those hills is! It seemed endless and at my glacial speed, I knew I had been wise in leaving my house early. I always leave early. I met George when he was part of H&R Block where I had my taxes done at the time. When he left there, I stayed with him and he does a fine job for me. I chatted with George and his wife who warmly offered and served me a tea! Now that is more than I got at H&R. If anyone wants more info, let me know.

In addition to learning about that endless hill, I also, unfortunately learned that I owe the IRS money!! This is the first time in years that that has happened!

Errand #9 -- to recycle used batteries. File under Wild Card #2

 

 

 

I made today a loop route and found my way from George's to Allstate Battery. I had doubled checked on Google Map at home and knew the route I would take. What I learned -- the actual route there that I can use in the future when I need to recycle batteries once or twice a year. In the past Susan and I would take our used batteries to our work and they would recycle them. Susan is retiring this year, so that resource will not be available any longer. Good for us to have our alternative set up. The second thing I learned is that there is about a mile of road with no shoulder and a little traffic. However traffic remained courteous enough for me to not feel threatened nor unsafe.

Errand #10 -- Tea & Crumpet stop. File under... Ummmm.... Entertainment!

 

Crumpet in this case was an 8 grain roll

I needed to salve my (financial) wound and console myself over owing money to the U.S. Treasury. I was on the final third of this loop and wanted a little break and a treat. I entertained myself sitting outdoors (no rain yet and mild temps) and relaxing.

TOTAL MILES for this loop and all three errands -- 25.1

 

OK, now that I have completed 10 of the 12 errands and all of the required miles, I know I will finish this challenge. With rain at some point on just about every day, I clumped several errands together when I found some dry time. Now, even in some rain, I know I can accomplish two more errands!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment