Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Alphabet

A February 2017 activity ;'-)

Years ago (decades now) when living back east, I took a photography class. In addition to dark room work we also had field assignments. One of those assignments was to take photos outdoors of things that looked like, or at least "represented" the letters of the alphabet. It could be anything "natural" or any structural thing, but no actual printed letter like on a sign or building or anywhere.

On one of my solo neighborhood bike rides this popped into my mind. Repeating a bike route many times, though with nice views and a pleasant bike ride, one can begin to experience a little ... boredom. Such was the case on a ride a few weeks ago so I decided I needed a "challenge" and this would be a good one.

With all the rain we have had this month (wettest February on record) I adjusted the rule to include any hikes or long walks I did. Once I told Susan to use her imaginative artful eye, even she was able to discern the letters I had taken a picture of, and she volunteered some on a couple of our walks.

I invite readers to use their imaginative artful eye as well. Some of these are a bit out of focus, so forgive that; some may be hard to determine a letter, but it is not as easy as one might suspect to find a "g" for example.

Without further word -- here they are (taken over a little more than a week):

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Follow the skinny limb

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This was a fun little project -- at least for me ;'-) as Susan got tired of my searching whenever we were on a walk together. But -- even with that thought, she helped me find a couple of letters.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment