Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Birthday in the Saddle

Tuesday 7/16/2013

Deferring to my birthday (yes Jim Ali, I am THAT old), Susan agreed to a nice bike ride today -- but brought along her flyfishing gear as well ;'-). After our breakfast at the Duck Brand Cantina, and a trip to the gas station (!) to pick up a couple of sandwiches, we hopped in the saddle for our ride out on the Chewuch River Road. We negotiated a few hills, but nothing bad.

The road was quiet of auto traffic, and eventually there was no traffic. There were horse ranches and we could have even rented a horse for the day (not I!). Cows and other farm animals rounded out the scenery.

An old sign -- I don't know what a Charolais cow is

It took only a little prodding, but I managed to persuade Susan to ride to the Falls Creek Falls to have our lunch.

Susan made to the falls

 

A birthday picture
Birthday lunch at the falls

After lunch it was my turn to give back some time for Susan to do some fishing in the Chemuch River.

Susan is releasing a small fish she caught as soon as she had her line in the water

 

No time to take off her bike helmet, Susan is ready at any moment to fish

 

A butterfly joins me in my wait for Susan at the river

It became quite hot by mid afternoon and our water bottles held tepid water! We found the city park once we entered town and refilled with cooler (not cold) water before completing our day on the road. And just around the corner was Sheri's Ice Cream shop (again). An ice cream soda was EXACTLY what we needed to wet and soothe our parched throats. Ahhhhhhhh.

Showers, a move into the new cabin and a trip to the School House Brewery ended our adventure for this day.

 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got the fisherwoman to ride with you on your birthday. We enjoy reading about your adventures and can't wait to see you both again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. I am so happy that you are with me on our adventures! I did enjoy having the fisherwoman join me on the bike ride that day. Having fun...

      Delete