Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Friday, July 19, 2013

Hike to Cutthroat Lake

Thursday 7/18/2013

Susan has been so good about biking with me, this would be my day to do a hike with her to a fishing hole. Hiking has become one of my less favorite activities because my body rebels. I never know if I will have pain in my back, hip, leg, knees -- or wherever! This day I was pain free -- even wearing knee sleeve turned out to be unnecessary.

This is my kind of hike! A little more than two miles each way and relatively flat -- as in no climbing. I had a great time and now think I would like to do more hikes of similar nature (once in a while).

Crossing the bridge at the beginning of the hike
 
North Cascades
North Cascades

The object of this hike was fishing. Susan carried in her gear -- rod, flies, and clothing (mostly what she wore to hike in).

Susan's rod is in her pack

 

Beautiful scenery ahead of me too ;'-)

Once we got to the lake, Susan set me up for a relaxing hour or two while she fished along the river/creek. She knew to get me protected from the flying insects and set up with food, chair and foot rests so that I would not bug her to quit fishing too soon!

Set up in the screen tent with a camp chair and snacks -- forgot to bring my book

Susan got a bit more than an hour of fishing -- and catching -- and I got a nap.

More of the North Cascades

We hiked out and drove back toward home. The minute I was able to get phone coverage our friend Vickie (H) called to say she was had arrived in town and would meet up with us for dinner later. We had a great dinner in Twisp and Vickie and I planned our biking day that would free up Susan to do an all day fishing outing with no guilt.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment