Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Monday, July 15, 2013

Superior, Montana

Friday & Saturday 7/12&13/2013

We got to Missoula Thursday evening and spent another night at Vicki and Ray's. Our friendship with them grows and we share very nice time together. Friday was a drive/shop/drive day to arrive at yet another fishing opportunity in Superior. Carl and Maura host the fishing club for an annual boat float fishing weekend at their cabin on the Clark River.

Bed in the house are filled and others camp in the yard at Carl and Maura's
The horse ranch next to Carl and Maura's
Newspaper box down the road

 

Three boats got filled for the float on Saturday and I took my bike ride. I got to the bridge near where they had put in at Dry Creek and was able to get some "action" photos.

Susan casting, Carl rowing and Char
Bill, Peter and Jim

 

Jim (2), Ralph and Joshua

I got to the end of the river road, turned around for my return and saw cows drinking down at the river. I could not figure out how they got there as the field (more like a hillside covered in brush) was across the road. Then a few cows crossed the road in front of me.

An unclear photo as I was moving on my bike
More cows waiting to cross the road

 

This structure brings to mind a Roman Ruin of an aquaduct

I crossed the river again and took the road on the other side of the river for a while. I got to the top of a hill and decided to not go down the other side to climb back up! I knew this road soon ended in rough gravel and dirt (that I would not be riding) and the trip home had some hills on the way, mild hills, but hills none the less, and that would surfice for climbing.

The river from the top of that hill I did not ride down

I headed back thinking I would stop and eat my apple once I was sure I was out of possible grizzly bear area ;'-) As I was contemplating my stop and eat place, along came my support vehicle with chilled, fresh cherries! Suzanne, Maura and Kelly had gone antiquing in St. Regis and were on their way back along my very route. What a treat to have the cherries and chat with friends.

I am not sure what we will do on Sunday -- stay here another night or depart for the next part of our adventure in eastern Washington. Stay tuned.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment