Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Friday, July 12, 2013

Transition Day

Thursday 7/11/2013

We leave the cabin, and Lincoln today. After we efficiently packed up most of our stuff and cleaned the cabin, Susan wanted to get in another bit of fishing on the Blackfoot, and I would go down to the river with her for photos. When I wrote that this place is magical for Susan but not so much for me, I was referring to all the fishing hours!! The cabin has been a fantastic home for the week and a wonderful base for our adventures in the area, and I do very much like Montana.

View of the river from the cabin
Hard to see the "loop" in Susan's line in front of the trees, but it is there, and a nice one

 

Fish On!

After the fishing outing we completed the packing up and closing up the cabin tasks. Susan wanted to take some interior photos.

"Our" kitchen
Upstairs bedroom

 

Downstairs bedroom

The van and bikes on the back were totally covered in dust from all the "off roading" we have been doing, so we found a DIY car wash and gave it all a lick and a promise. The bikes will take more cleaning and a good lube job on the chains when we have the opportunity.

In Missoula we (especially I) could not pass up a visit to Adventure Cycling. We had visited there on our bike tour several years ago. We had biked from Whitefish through Seeley Lake, Missoula and on to Lewiston ID. At Adventure Cycling we found a few items we/I could not live without and Susan bought me my birthday present.

On to Vicki and Ray's, and a stop at the local fly shop allowed me to buy Susan her birthday present.

We say farewell to our cabin retreat

 

No comments:

Post a Comment