Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Sunday, December 29, 2019

DECEMBER IS NOT ALL ABOUT CHRISTMAS

Maybe December is MOSTLY about Christmas, but there are other things in the month as well ;’-).

I am fortunate to have good friends, and some good riding buddies. We had “frozen fun” as Cindy says, on many of the days of winter weather so far.

We had some fun in the sun. Even got a windmill without travel to Holland.





A ride along the Lake  Sammamish  Trail is nice no matter the weather, add some sun in December and it is a gift.





Fortunately (for me the gravel hater) the trial is all paved, and this one is a mere spur if one choses to ride the short distance on it. A good place for me to “practice”, or to “face my fear”.



On another day Cindy led us on an annual trek to Molbak’s Nursery for our visit to the giant Poinsettia tree.





One of my non-biking interests (yes there are a few) is going to the theatre with my (best) friend Bill. We were early on this day so took a little walk around Seattle Center.



Enough about those other interests — back to biking. Here we are on a club ride in the cold and damp. Stalwart!



On our ride with Raquel to the lake, Cindy had her bike all decked out. ‘Tis the season ;’-).



For some of us this lunch stop in Snohomish was a discovery. Most of us thought of it as a drive thru coffee shop. Good lunch served here.




Yet another day brought us yet another ride. Our “Jingle Bell Ride” started in Everett for a route through some countryside and lunch at the Snohomish Bakery. A true highlight were these horses. I saw them running toward us and assumed they were interested in us, and coming to ogle our strange looking group. But no, they were playing and frolicking, running back and forth together at least five times! They were such a treat to watch. This was the first time I had seen such play among horses.








These are only a few of the outings I enjoyed this month, and I know there will be many more ;’-)

My nephew Gary posted this photo on facebook from a Christmas time in 1963 of his PopPop (my dad). Brings back all those memories that I will never lose. 



One last item for this post is a quote that I have started to think of on the most dismal day.



I love Maya.

On to a new year now — a new Roaring Twenties!

No comments:

Post a Comment