Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

DECEMBER WAS DARK, WET AND COLD, AND THEN WE HAD SNOW


This winter weather is keeping me off my bike a LOT. Too much actually. When it wasn’t too cold (as in above 32), it was raining, or then snow, icy roads or sludge on the roadways and cycling paths. Then there was the fog. Or the wind that threatened to knock down trees whose roots had been weakened with all the rain soaked earth around them. 

 My riding was hampered, but I did get in a few rides. Susan joined me on a Cascade ride around part of Seattle.



Mostly I rode around our neighborhood and stopped for a few photos along the way.

Our covered bridge was decorated for the holidays.


That Stump’ did not disappoint with Holiday cheer.



Some had Christmas presents with cute, hopeful animals trying to get in.



I got to ride over the pedestrian bridge at Forest Park at least once ;’-).



I joined friends Shelly and Lizette for a group ride around part of Redmond.



We sat with Santa and put in our wishes.



Christmas celebration with family brought daughters Jenny and Sarah with all their family members (husbands and kiddos) to Jenny and Laurent’s house on the bay in Indianola. A new tradition was added to our Christmas dinner and gift exchange. There was the opportunity to do a Polar Dip…




Susan and I opted to not do the polar dip as, with age comes wisdom 😉.

And then it snowed — on Christmas Day, after we got home from Jenny’s. Our neighbor took a photo of our house in the snow.



What to do but take a hike around for some snow time fun.



MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A BETTER NEW YEAR.




No comments:

Post a Comment