Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

PHOTOS FROM SEPTEMBER’S END

I got very behind in posting things in my blog and missed some photos I wanted to post. So this will basically be just that — photos of some of the ending of September.

Return to school was happening, and I really liked this sign at the pre-school that showed a welcome with letters indicating the different school supplies. 


Lizette (photo) and Shelly joined us on Whidbey Island for some bike rides and to give Vickie’s cat, Thomas, some cuddles while she was out of town.











Our friend Carol joined on this gorgeous day.






With no idea of where we would find a place to have our lunch, we came upon a perfect place. The sign said ‘cheese and cheese curds’, so we pulled in. They were closed, but had a little table we could crowd around for our lunch break.



On a different day I was able to rope in a few other friends to join me for a regular route along the river and into Snohomish for lunch.

Connie, me, Lucie, Kim…(a passerby took our photo)


I did’t get any photo of the river, but Snohomish is near an airport where many skydivers take off for, well, sky diving.



One more time I gathered up a few and we did a delightful ride in the Skagit flats to the wildlife refuge to have our picnic lunch.

Me, Gay, Lizette, Shelly, and Carol is taking the photo.



Sighting along the way — all these birds perfectly spaced on the high wires.



I know I have missed a few photos, and I think I mistakenly deleted a few, but this gives the idea of what September was like. Gorgeous, summer like weather hung around for most of that month.

My final photo for the month is of the “stump” that I visit on some of my solo rides.




You will see that these last few posts are a bit “out of order” as I was very lax in writing, and we are now in wildfire season with virtually no riding to happen for the remainder of October. Let’s hope for better in November (our wettest month of the year 🥴).

No comments:

Post a Comment