Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

STORMY WEATHER TO BEGIN NOVEMBER

Our morning newspaper brought this headline….

Thrashing winds leave more than 200,000 customers without power in Western Washington


And we were part of that 200.000!



Most, usually all, of our SOTF outings come with trinkets of some kind. At one in Montana we made lamp lights; at one in Washington we “won” a set of battery operated candles. We used both for this full night and early morning without electrical power.

Our vast winds and rain lasted for a few days before I could finally feel safe on a bike ride. On my first ride I meandered around my neighborhood and there was a “Road Closed” sign at one of my regular roads. Surely that could not mean closed to me! So I rode on and found the reason for the closure.




After a couple more days I could ride a little farther afield and took a trip into Everett. The first downed tree I saw I was sure was the ‘big one’ that had made it into the newspapers.



But no — that one came later. Fortunately this tree missed the nearby house, but it did pull up the sidewalk and berm. 





The root width is big, but the roots do not go far into the ground, so no wonder the trees can be blown over!


It seems, except for the vibrant autumn color in the trees, that skipped fall and went directly from summer to winter! Temps that had been in the 70s and sometimes low 80s went to the 30s and low 40s like THAT! Lucky for me, the right after our storm the weather turned dry even if cold. Good enough for me to bundle in my warm gear for some bike riding ;’-). I have posted my teaneuring riding which had taken me on most of my rides so far for the month. 

I will add my monthly “Stump” photo that got a new look for the holiday ;’-).






No comments:

Post a Comment