Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Saturday, February 15, 2020

ERRANDONNEE #11

I would be meeting Susan for Valentine's Day lunch when she finished her morning substitute teaching job. So I had to get out early for this errand to Bartell for some needed goods.


It turned out to be a more than pleasant day for a bike ride as well ;'-). Have I mentioned that we have had the wettest winter ever? And that it has been colder than we like?  And that consistent rain has not only caused flooding and landslides... but has kept me off my bike for way too many days!!!?


Ok, so I have mentioned that before. Today there was 1) no rain, 2) white fluffy clouds so welcome from our dark skies, 3) blue weaving through those clouds, 4) SUN peeking through, fighting for its right to be there in those clouds, 5) no wind, 6)  brisk dry air on my face, and 7) temps in the mid 40s.


A perfect day for a ride, and if I had had the time I would have made it longer. But Valentine's lunch is important too -- and so enjoyable.


Oh yeah, the errand.


FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14

ERRAND #11: A STORE #1. Bartell for those goods I mentioned. This is my favorite "Drug Store". I buy everything but drugs here, and I wonder if there is a different or better name for these stores now. Something to ponder.


LOOK ... SHADOWS!!!



MILES: 17.5 + 63= 80.5

I learned (again) how well stocked, clean, and friendly this store is. It will always be my first choice for items they carry. 

I learned that there are very few, but at least a few, homes that are ‘decorated’ for Valentine’s Day, unlike Halloween and Christmas ;’-0

On the away to and from my errand I stopped for a few Valentine things to share.








And I carried my own Valentine’s icon with me on my bike ;’-) (Mud on the rear rack is indicative of the weather and conditions of my recent riding. Wear it like a badge ;’-)).





I stole this next one from a fb page and it suits us all.



HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY EVERYONE.


No comments:

Post a Comment