Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

ERRANDONNEE #6, 7, 8

FEBRUARY 11: Had an adventure today. My intended bike only errands turned into a bike and walk outing ;’-0.

Let’s start at the beginning. Yesterday I used Susan’s bike as I had developed a flat tire on mine. In the late afternoon Susan spent time and energy to change that tire and put on the BRAND NEW tire as well as a BRAND NEW tube. This morning, that tire was as flat as a pancake! I wanted to join Cindy’s weekly club ride, and Susan had a sub job that she wanted to bike commute to. Sweetly she agreed to use her other eBike so that I could use her Bike Friday again today. 

So far, so good.

When I got out on my bike with three errands in mind to do on the way to Cindy’s ride, there was that dastardly rain. It was light but the sky had only clouds. I became disinclined to ride to the start and continue on the her route for the ride. So I did not go for it. The day was not shaping up to what I had planned!

I did finish my errands by bike:

ERRAND #6 PERSONAL BUSINESS 1 —  Drop off our ballots.




ERRAND #7 EARTH CARE 2: Dispose of old pills.



ERRAND #8 YOU CARRIED WHAT ON YOUR BIKE?: Our electric tea kettle went under the other day just in time for me to use that for this category and take it to our metal recycling center.



Kettle drop off was my last errand and I continued toward home on a different route to make it a loop. I turned a corner on the return route and knew — I knew. Flat rear tire on Susan’s bike! I had ridden close to 4 miles by now, and then walked a bit more than 2 rolling my bike next to me to arrive home. Sigh. Flat tires are the pits!!!! 

Errands #6, 7, 8 with bike and walk 
6 miles 
I learned how well my new “spider” webbing works (held the kettle very well)
I learned how much I hate flat tires,
I learned how fortunate I have been to not get a flat tire in the thousands of miles I have on these tires ;’-).
I learned how much I appreciate Eric at Bay Side Bikes ;’-)

No comments:

Post a Comment