Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Thursday, June 18, 2020

PANDEMIC 2020 HIT

The Coronavirus-19 hit all of us. Once Susan and I left Fort Casey in early March we were home bound for a few months. My only time out of our house was for riding on my bike. My bike was, and continues to be, my savior during this time. Except for a day or two in each month, I have ridden every day. 

When this all started, the closures and shut downs were a jarring, somewhat surreal, observation. Through the first weeks I noted signs that needed to be recorded, and on my riding I took photos for just that purpose.

One of the first closures I saw was of our local golf course. Later, when golfers could not yet enjoy their sport, the grounds opened up for walkers and cyclist to enjoy the trail through the course. This gave Susan and me a great opportunity to see the grounds and views that we would never otherwise see. Sad trade off however. Or at least the reason we could do this was sad.


All the playgrounds and parks were totally closed.









Schools and all grounds were closed.










It appeared that ALL libraries closed.


Churches, shops and restaurants were shut.








When we are outdoors and cannot keep 6 feet distance we need to wear a mask. And now (June) we must wear a mask anytime we must go inside for something, and all personnel are required to wear a mask.






We should stay close to home even if we can get out of the house.


Susan’s haircutter started out optimistic about her reopening date. Reality struck... She stopped updating and it is now June 18 and she is not yet able to open.


Through it all the medical workers, doctors, nurses, helpers, first responders, fire fighters, and others did their monumental work to help those who had become victims to the virus. Many residents showed their thanks and their honor for the work the “heroes” did and continue to do.











We all continue to have hope that this will all be ok.






Our state (Washington) is opening things on a four Phase basis. It is all a bit complex, and some counties have been able to apply to reopen earlier than others. It all depends on how the “curve” is looking. Susan and I have now been able to do a little local RVing, and that will be my next post.

I miss all my friends and my regular life, and wish all to stay safe and healthy. I long for when I can share time with you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment