Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Thursday, June 18, 2020

RIDING NEAR HOME DURING PANDEMIC

Even during Phase 1 (we are now in Phase 2), we could exercise outside as long as we maintained the 6 feet social distance from anyone else, and did not go far from home. This is easy to do when cycling on your own or with family members from the same household. So there has been no need to wear a mask when I do my riding. I always carry a mask with me for times needed, and often wear my buff around my neck so to be able to pull it up over mouth and nose at times I am not able to distance. So — as a friend has noted — at times I am riding in the buff ;’-) (Thanks Kathy).

Most of my rides near home have been solo, but recently Susan has been joining me on some of those rides. I repeat many routes, find some ways to vary them, and Susan has scouted addition ways that I have incorporated into my list. Some rides have been long, many have been short, and distance is of no importance to me in the sense of needing to ride long and far. As long as I get on my bike for an hour or so, I am happy.

I find interesting, pretty and fun things on many rides that I do right from my front door (garage door actually).

Lake Serene is a place I often stop for my snack and drink. This day could not have had better weather.




Ducks thought it was a great day too ;’-)


Found a few fun things...






One of my longer rides takes me into Everett and to the Community College. The college is next door to the building where I worked (back in the day). There had been a fire in one of the buildings on campus just a couple of years before I started working there, and I always like to stop and give thought to this firefighter who lost his life helping others.




Spring flowers were starting to add color...


Susan and I took a couple of rides to different parts of our town as well as into Edmonds.

One of the parks near our ferry landing.



Watched as the ferry came into port at Mukilteo.

Too bad this park setting was locked and for residents of that area only. It would have been nice to walk along that trail. But, we enjoyed the view.


On our way to Edmonds we rode the short trail thought Lynndale Park.

Always wanting a “reason” to bike, or something to bike to, Susan found something about the Moon Walk rock in Edmonds that we had not known about, so we found that.

Can never pass by a bike photo op ;’-).

After a long day on the saddle, I needed a stretch. What better place than with a model! 


I have more to come, but in another post. Stay safe and well my dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment