Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Saturday, December 19, 2020

PORT TOWNSEND TO END 2020

Our annual Rainbow Rider Christmas gathering was going to be here again this year (recall last year it was here for the first time). Back then (Dec. 2019), Susan and I reserved a camp spot at Point Hudson at the Harbor. Covid of course changed everything and we cannot have our annual gathering this year 😖, but Susan and I, already having our reservations, thought getting away from home for a few days a welcome outing. We did not know what the weather would bring!



We got set up and ordered Chinese from the Shanghai Restaurant that is directly across from us. We ate our early dinner in the cozy comfort of the RV before heading out for a walk ‘excursion’ in town.



Susan (of course) had found ‘Winter Window Wander’ for us. There are 25 participating shops that have a (somewhat hidden but not really) woodland critter. So here we were in 45 mph wind, walking the streets of Port Townsend filling out our ‘score’ sheet with the critters we could find.

Here is some indication of the wind.

Flags out stretched...



Clouds cover the sky...


Rough seas...



We found out just this morning how much wind there was during our walk, and I now know why I was chasing my hat down Water Street! When it was blown off my head, I watched it tumbling away and was surprised that Susan had not taken up the chase, or at the least insisting that I did. After all, it was her hat she had lent me. Much later I mentioned that to her and she said she was it a little bit of shock because 1) the brim of my hat had hit her in the forehead as it flew by, and then 2) she was amazed to see me sprinting after it. Amazed????

Back to our hunting expedition. We found more than half of the woodland critters before determining that we were now cold and the wind seemed to be picking up. After another chase for my map that went winding down a side street, I said I was not having fun now and we returned “home” to our cozy and warm, rocking in the wind, RV.

I did snap another couple of photos. The Ginger Bread people are at the Camp Host’s spot.



Nearing the end of our walk we came upon this van. It was very difficult to get a good angle to see everything about it. But I made an effort anyway.






We ended our day with  Zoom Christmas Carols with our beloved Rainbow Riders. Caroling was ‘interestng’ and the best part was seeing each other on this longstanding Christmas Weeked Gathering. We owe huge thanks to Maridee and Kristin for organizing this and bringing us together. I for one feel so incredibly pleased (blessed??) that everyone holds this gathering, each other, and Rainbow Riders in such high value. We are all and each important to each other. 

No wind this morning is only a short respite as it is to pick up by early afternoon. We will go back to the streets of Port Townsend and collect the remaining critters. I’ll try for more photos and see if there will be a story to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment