Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Monday, December 7, 2020

CYCLE DAYS CHALLENGE — OH WELL, WHO’S COUNTNG...

Entering December with a gorgeously sunny day. See where #45 should be to explain the title.

#42 DECEMBER 1, 2020


My ride with Cindy today was a meander around Mill Creek with a few short hikes involved. So — we were doing some bike and hikes ;’-). Around a couple of calm lakes with no one but the ducks.




There are now quite a few Christmas decorations appearing, and though blow up decorations are my least favored items, I could not resist this yard full.








Down the road a ways is this directional sign with mileage indicated for each destination. Rather a clever and fun idea.




Nearing the end of our day together we stopped for a tea at a place I had not been. — the Bequest coffee shop. Once again, Cindy went in to order our blackberry croissants and we sat, socially distanced, outdoors to enjoy our tea time before heading for home.




#43 DECEMBER 2, 2020


Having walked up to Walgreens in heavy frost and some slippery ice to fill a prescription, I was hesitant to think of riding today. After a few hours however, the sun, blue sky and 45 degrees were too nice to pass up, and I got in at least a short ride.


Who was that masked man? Santa is wearing his mask and keeping social distance.




The stump of ever changing display has been updated for the season.




And the leaf blowers were doing their job. No more colorful leaves in the trees for months ahead. All colors bleed into brown and the leaves get swept up for disposal.





#44 DECEMBER 3, 2020


My heart was not really into it today, but I managed a very short ride in the damp and dreary day. I was dressed for cold so that was not an issue. Yesterday’s sunshine made all the difference for a bike ride. 


This “paper” airplane needs some cleaning up. The ones I made back in the day in school never really flew very far. 




The ducks amongst the Lilly pads at the golf course water hole created a different kind of picture. Ducks are all but camouflaged.




#STOP COUNTING DECEMBER 4, 2020


Somewhere along the line I messed up the count, and this one is only #41 (not 45) I thought I could fix it by going back one or two counts. Wrong. The error started too far back to make changes now. 




Doesn’t matter really. I enjoy the rides with or without a number ;’-). This day was sunny and delicious for being on the bike. I rode through downtown Mukilteo, into a southern part of Everett and then along perimeter road of Boeing. The Narbeck Wetlands is just before entering the Boeing plant and I made a brief stop.




#I THINK 42, DECEMBER 5, 2020


Lunch on the outdoor patio of Zippy’s in full sunshine, 50 degree temp and a little extra heat from the propane heater could not have been a better way to share time with Cindy at the middle of our ride. The day was gorgeous, the weather sublime, and the company of course, a treasure. 








The wall is in the alleyway by the local bike shop which is about to become a victim of the pandemic. Eric will be closing up shop in just two more weeks. For the past year or so I have been taking my bike the extra few miles from home to Eric for maintenance work. I had hoped he could make a go of his shop and would stay around for the community, and I will miss him. Hopefully he will find a way to come back for us. I waited outside the shop while masked Cindy went in to purchase a couple of items.


#43 DECEMBER 6, 2020


A short drizzly ride this morning. l wanted to get home in time for an Apples to Apples game via zoom (that zoom thing again) with Sarah and family. Though it turned out, with a glitch in communication, that we did not play the game until after the Seahawks game (we lost) in the early evening. As always, it was fun to have time with them.





I may be back in synch with the count now. I am hoping to get 50 in for the year. There is a possility that can happen, but rain is due now for who knows how long 🤔. But we all know there can often be a ‘sucker hole’ to entice us out for a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment