Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Monday, November 30, 2020

CYCLE DAYS CHALLENGE #38-41


Ending November with a good number of rides ;’-). Posting now as I get ready for a new month of riding.


#38 NOVEMBER 26 2020


Rain!! Mist at first mile, then a drizzle, then actual real rain for much of my ride. I was determined to do a Thanksgiving morning ride, and to do my Shawna loop from home. I almost shortened it just a little, but decided to stick with the whole thing. I arrived home a sopping but happy mess.




The wet weather did not call for any photo stops along the way today.



#39 NOVEMBER 27, 2020


Imagine my pleasant surprise when there was sun this morning for the first time in days!! AND temp very near 50. Oh what a pleasant day for riding.


I rambled around nearby roads and found the reindeer romping in the grass, and my bike could not help itself but to join in the play.




A little later I was riding along a neighborhood street that, to me, appeared a quintessential fall scene. Just before I had my camera out, the leaves were fluttering down in front of me much like snowflakes do. Of course that and the light wind had stopped by the time I took the photo. Saying goodbye to fall as we begin our entrance into winter. 





#40 NOVEMBER 29, 2020


Any ride with Cindy is a delight, and this country ramble to and near Holly Farm was fantastic. A sunny day as the temps rose from 35 to high 40s by the time we finished our ride.




A bit beyond Holly Farm we stopped for a visit to ‘Honey Do Farm’ and got quite a good eye full.




There were animals...









Down the driveway toward the home and farm (we were not sure if this is a B&B or something else) there were some great Thanksgiving and fall signs, and a nice autumn display in the yard.









There were several Santa sightings, but these two are the ones that made me stop for a photo, even though one turns out to have no face ;’-0. I think he was at the school bus stop ;’-).








The quaint little bridge crossing over to the trail — hmmmmm. Cindy is saying “it is icy”. Slippery and icy enough that Cindy, with cleated bicycle shoes, had to take off her shoes to get down the ramp. Getting up the one side was difficult at best, going down was sure to cause a fall.




Another adventure with Cindy ;’-). Great day.


#41 NOVEMBER 30, 2020


An early afternoon dental appointment today. Nothing big at this one, just assessment and consult for the big to come later. Still, I get anxious. A bike ride might help. 


Left Santa at home and did a short but nice meander in sunshine. 




It had rained last night and into this early morning, but turned into a beautiful day. Even on a short ride I get to see and enjoy some wonderful views. Here — the Olympic Mountain range.




Now to not perseverate about that dental appointment...

No comments:

Post a Comment