Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Sunday, November 22, 2020

WASHINGTON PARK OUTING

The weekend of November 13th at Washington Park seems long in the past, but is a mere one week ago ;’-). My motivation to post anything about that outing has been low to non-existent. There is not a lot to say about our SOTF outing but I do have some photos that I want to have posted here. The weather was not good for any attempt for bike riding, so Susan and I did a walk or hike each day. The first day took us to the boat ramp and nearby beach for a “warm up” walk. The sky was not only gray, it was quite filled with clouds. The lone grebe didn’t mind at all.



On the following few days we ventured onto several of the hiking trails in the park. We had some rain, lots of wind, and even got some sun at times. There are lots of trails in the park and they weave in and out of each other. Fortunately each trail has a number, and the park gives us a map to follow.



These old tree trunks looked to me like faces. Almost ghost like.



There is some history to the area.





The monument to Tonjes Havekost overlooks the bay.





This day was VERY WINDY, and Susan tries to show the wind under here wings.



We had beautiful views of the sound, the bay, the islands and mountains.







Looking toward Fidalgo Island.



Another day had us on a different hiking trail through the woods and offering slightly different views.






Ship in the bay.



Back at camp we wandered around the numerous sites and had a close look at this interesting rig. The owner, Nese (sounds like ‘niece’) has done all the art work, that my photos show only some of it.







Almost Thanksgiving, so there was a turkey.



On the last evening there was a gift exchange around the campfire and Christmas trees ;’-). Susan and I did attend, gave & got a gift, and it seems we were two of very few others keeping social distance and wearing our mask.


We had a great site that had a lot of privacy and good distance from other campers. We were happy. So ends another fun adventure.




2 comments:

  1. Love all the photos and the history you talked about. Well done, nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Meta. I am so happy to know that you keep up with me via my blog. Even when I am not sure I want to post a blog entry I know of a few of my friends — like you — who will enjoy it when I do. You keep me going.

      Delete