Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Saturday, November 7, 2020

TEANEURING #7 2020 AND FINALE


Teaneuing #7

11/7/2020

Tea Without Walls

Scottish Breakfast Blend tea

25 miles

Lions Park, Everett WA


My One More Good Thing: I have such good foul weather gear and wear ;’-). Even on this cold 39 degree day (which climbed to only 41) I stayed comfortable for my tea tour.😉 


As expected, we have had rain for much of the past week. If there came a break in the rain, we had wind; if there was a break in both, it was still not a fine day to ride, if there came a ‘not so bad’ time to ride, it was later in the day with less time to enjoy.




Finally this was a day to enjoy a longer ride and to complete my ‘neuring challenge. Though I had on the proper gear, I could enjoy only a brief stop for tea and a few bites of the food I had packed. It was cold, and then some rain started to fall from the cloudy sky. You can see some (cold) raindrops in the photo. There is not much else to the story for today as I had very few stops except for the tea, and then for an airplane photo at the airport.





Teaneuring 2020 Complete


Was this a “challenge” for me? Well, not exactly. I ride just about every day, and often have a tea stop either alone or with a friend. I made this a bit of a challenge in two ways: 1) by trying to have my Tea Without Walls at more or less new places, places  I had not been recently. I pretty much succeeded at that ;’-); 2)  to recognize another “One Good Thing” — another in addition to Mary’s coffeeneuring challenge, which is definitely one good thing for us. I was successful at that as well, and it was a good exercise for me to be very aware, observant and grateful on each of these rides. It has made me be more consciously aware for good things on the rides I do every day, and I plan to continue to stay aware in acknowledging One Good Thing on each of my rides (may even write it down ;’-)).





Though I have officially completed the challenge, I will continue to ride and make many stops for tea along the way. Those will be ABC (Always Being Challenged for a tea drinker) outings. Challenging as that may be ;’-).




I thank Mary for giving us this event each year, and especially the theme for this year, which, in addition to giving me that One Good Thing, helped raise my consciousness of good things in my life. I thank all of those who participate and post such great photos, art, and stories of their outings. I know I got a bit wordy in mine this year, but it is how I felt. Seems to bring us all a bit closer to know where we are, how we do the “challenge”, and what things look like around our corner of the world, and in some instances, form friendships across miles, borders and the world. I found that all very comforting in this time of sheltering, isolation and stressful worry.


So .... here’s to next year ;’-) as I will be back then for more. Please stay healthy everyone.


And now we know ——- IT WILL BE A BETTER YEAR BY AT LEAST ONE! 


No comments:

Post a Comment