Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

ONE RIDE; THREE CHALLENGES

I have written before that I participate in a few challenges. The three I captured today are all on one site. The challenges:


1.  Just A Ride Challenge (This month’s theme: just take a ride)

2.  Holidays Challenge (For every Holiday: find anything relating to a current holiday)

3.  Cycle Days Challenge (Ongoing year around: one photo for each day’s ride)





#36 NOVEMBER 24, 2020


It would be just a ride today. Something between mist and drizzle welcomed me as I started riding from home at 8:30. I intended a relatively short ride this morning and with no destination in mind, I had no idea what I could possibly find for my picture of the day. Just a little more than a mile from home the misty drizzle stopped, and I had a dry ride all the way until I was within a mile from home where it either started again, or had continued while I was gone.


Just riding, I came across a couple of things to like — the butterfly on a stone, the trike in the window of an otherwise empty building, and leaves that have fallen and become less colorful.







I suppose when most of us think of Thanksgiving we picture turkey. Food is probably the next image that comes to mind, and a gaggle of family surrounding us at the table. I am seeing more Christmas decorations already, but was pleased to find at least a few Thanksgiving reminders.








What will be my photo of the day??? And then this. I approached the two women who were handing out lunches at the nearby elementary school and told them of my plight. Immediately, before I even finished my story, one of them moved the stuffed animal to a more prominent spot on the table, and both women told me they were smiling for me. How great is that????





2 comments:

  1. Great photo of the day - you can really see in spite of the maskes that those women are smiling.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzanne. I love stopping for people shots when the right possibility comes along. I first passed by them and thought to stop on the way out of the school lot. So glad I did.

    ReplyDelete