Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Monday, November 9, 2020

CYCLE DAYS CHALLENGER #27-31


I have learned how much I get from taking and posting a photo for most of my rides. When I look back at them they bring the whole ride back to me and I recall where I rode an all that I did that day. Quite fun to do that.

Rides/photos #27-31

#27 NOVEMBER 1, 2020




It could not have been a better weather day to start the month of November. After a bit of a rough morning, I geared up for a relatively short neighborhood ride. It was such a beautiful day, I added a few extra miles to stay out in it a little longer. Not much photo taking, but the ride was rejuvenating for me. 


#28 NOVEMBER 2, 202O



If I thought yesterday’s weather was stellar, today outdid it! I did another teaneuring outing with Cindy on this day and more is written about it in that post. We had our tea stop at Highlands Park in Mill Creek WA. I have become quite a fan of Autumn with all the color I am afforded whenever I ride my bike around during this time.



#29 NOVEMBER 6, 2020




Having been off my bike for the past three rainy days (lots of it), today’s wind would not keep me from a ride. I started out COLD and almost turned for home after a mere 2 miles. But I stopped and put on my fleece lined balaclava and continued on. Once I covered up my mouth and nose I was no longer cold and enjoyed the rest of my ride without feeling icy! The sun started to show through the clouds so that by the time I got home —— it was a sunny afternoon ;’-)


#30 NOVEMBER 7, 2020




So glad for my winter riding gear! 39 degrees this morning did not climb past 41 for the day. I started in the 39 for my final coffee/teaneuring challenge outing. I have posted that in the blog which also describes today’s ride. 


#31 NOVEMBER 9, 2020




COLD is the word for this day. And BUNDLED is what I was for the 37 degree ride (Susan called me crazy to be going out for a ride). And GREAT WINTER GEAR is what I was bundled in. I certainly will not go into detail about all the layers I wore today, but what I had to add mid ride was my helmet liner over my balaclava. With just the nylon balaclava, my head was the only thing that was cold.


The photo is of the place I stopped to put on the other head layer. There were golfers with carts on the green who scrutinized me as I seemed to have a toe on their hallowed ground. I was barely off the road and onto this spot for a safe wardrobe addition, so I paid little to no attention to their scrutinizing.


My ride took me past the ‘Lincloln Pinnacle Rairoad at Lake Serene, and it has a change in display. One for fall now ;’-). Recall the Halloween cat I posted earlier (Photo of the Day on October 19).




The added helmet liner made all the difference for my comfort in the low temps for today. By the time I got home after about a two hour ride, the temp was at 40 but I was not overheated 😉.



No comments:

Post a Comment