Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Monday, May 3, 2021

MAY: RIDE AND PHOTOS #83 & 84

#83 May 1, 2021


After riding every day of the month of April it was difficult to stop all of a sudden! So I roamed around on an easy ride, starting out in some mist and cold temps. I really thought I would miss any rain.


This was the best thing I saw on today’s ride. Imagine the time and generosity to do this...




All sizes available, and you can come back if you need more or this one breaks or something happens to it.




Moving along I was treated to some good color from the blooming flowers. 




The rain did actually come, but at least waited until I was about 15 minutes from home. Big cold drops hit me but it was not a consistently heavy rain. Of course once home — the sun came out. 


#84 May 3, 2021


Years ago (15-18?) Susan and I rode on the unpaved Spruce Railroad Trail and I ended up crying half way through it! Not only unpaved, but single track around big mountains with sheer cliff drop offs. I swore that if I lived through the experience, I would never ride that trail again. I have held that promise — until this day. 


Campsite was basic but had a good view of the lake.




I don’t know what Susan is thinking here as we stop for the photo of the sign. You might note that we are quite bundled against some rather cold temps. I was (once again) happy that Susan comes so prepared (that I make fun of her about bringing EVERYTHING) and could loan me her long underwear (she had extra) for the ride ;’-).




Susan’s sister and brother-in-law had recently ridden on the trail and reported to Susan that it is PAVED and a lovely ride. So, off we went to scout it out for a potential outing for the Grands when they are here next week. It is a short and lovely ride at 8 miles round trip, and we extended it to 18 by starting at our campsite on an unpaved road. Not a bad road fortunately.


The scenery with Lake Crescent as our guide, is oh so nice…bridges and tunnels and places to stop for a photo or rest.





This tunnel is through one of the mountains that had single track that I ended up, those years ago, walking my bike around with fear of falling over the sheer cliff.  Now there are two tunnels, one long and dark requiring a head lamp to see your way through.


We of course enjoyed our one day and night adventure, but the vote is out as to whether this will make a good outing for the Grands. We will see what other options we come up with and put this one as a (slight) potential.

**Postscript: We saw these as we drove toward home and were still on the Olympic Peninsula. There were four of them in someone’s field. Biggest pigs/hogs either of us have ever seen.








No comments:

Post a Comment