Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Friday, April 30, 2021

RIDE PHOTOS #78-82

#78 April 26, 2021


Cindy mapped out a little ride for us to do this morning and we had a fine bimble around an area I know little about. I enjoyed being on some different roads. The chill and dampness in the air didn’t bother us much but we each said we could have worn another layer ;’-).





#79 April 27, 2021


I made it to another weekly club ride for a cloudy, chilly morning ride. Six of us had a fine ramble around Mill Creek on all the back neighborhood roads. Who needs sunshine!




I guess after laying the eggs for Easter, the bunny goes down the rabbit hole 😉




The donut art sculpture is at one of our park stops.




#80 April 28, 2021


In the beginning (of today) I was having a struggle to get on my bike. But the sun was out, the sky was blue, and I have only three more days and I will complete this challenge 🤗


So I got out for a bimble in my neighborhood that had me scamandering to some snickets, car parks and dead ends. I fancied a pootle around town and was keen to find some photos to post. Crickey! I succeeded.





Yes! In ‘honour’ of all the wonderful British folks I have met on the fb site, I have used all my British words in one paragraph Whether I have used them correctly (or ‘spelt’ them correctly) is yet to be told, but I did my best. 


#81 April 29, 2021


I saw skies of blue and .... clouds of white .... and I said to myself ... what a wonderful world. 😉.




A wonderful world especially if you are a cyclist ;’-). I have never been sorry for any day I was riding my bike. THAT makes it a wonderful world even though every day is not weather wonderful ;’-)


Today’s weather was quite good though. I started out overdressed for the 60+ degree weather that joined me half way through my ride. As the temp continued to climb, I had to take off a layer.




I ended my ride with a loop through our local airport.




#82 April 30, 2021


A drippy morning and some wind were not the most inviting conditions for a ride 😏. I had to do it though. This IS the final day of the challenge. My weather app said it would be best in the late morning, so I waited.


My plan was for a short ride around with no intention of mounting any miles. Just git ‘er done I said to myself. But it was more and a “git ‘er done” ride as I enjoyed my low paced, short mile ride around the neighborhood.


Golf course was empty of players.




The wind had eased and there was no rain for my mid- morning ride but it felt damp with the clouds all around and a chill in the air. The fallen petals from the flowering tree make it appear to have snowed pink ;’-). 






APRIL


YAY for me — I completed the 30 days of riding in April. Got all 30 of the days, and so did my friend Cindy. I am proud of both of us ;’-). A great part of this challenge is that there is no mileage requirement for each ride — just get on your bike and ride. Another fine part is the fb group that we follow as there are some fine fine people there from around the world who simply like to ride their bike, and have no need for speed or distance. Ride and enjoy.


This month was a mixed bag for weather. In the first week, our news said it was the “chilliest start to April in a decade”. We had days in the high 30s and low 40s. Our payoff came for the second week of the month with temps in the high 70s and low 80s — for the entire week.


Rain was light for the whole month and now it seems the news tells us it was the driest April we have had in a long time. It turned out to be a good month for those of us participating in the 30 Day challenge ;’-).


Susan and I enjoyed a couple of camping outings with one of those being with the two Grandboys, Etienne and Andre, where Andre learned to ride his pedal bike and then to start on his own. He and we were so happy!


Another happening for this month was that I felt safe and comfortable to join a few small group rides, following whatever the protocol is to keep us all safe. Hoping this is a good beginning for our new normal life as the Covid virus begins to weaken its hold on us. That has not happened quite enough and we do need more people vaccinated, but it seems that hope is on the horizon.


MAY — here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment