Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Sunday, April 11, 2021

APRIL PHOTOS #59-65

#59 April 4, 2021


I know I have posted some spring flowers, but these jumped out at me as I was passing by for a wandering ride on this overcast day.




#60 April 5, 2021


4/5 Brrrr, it's cold out there today! The Seattle area is shivering through one of the chilliest starts to April in a decade, but a glorious payoff is on the way. 


This was in this morning’s Seattle Times, and has been true to form so far. My ride this morning did not seem that we are in the “glorious payoff” period yet, but we must be getting close with this gorgeous blue sky ;’-).



On my way to the trail I pass through a bit of times gone by.

First the old car... (which I have shown before).


And the tire swing that we almost never see anymore.



I was on the trail for only a short time before riding through some neighborhoods that are farther away from my own. I loved the vines growing up these walls. There should start to be blooms of some kind on them soon and I plan to take a photo of that at some point.

 

#61 April 7, 2021


I had two obstacles to work around: Rain was coming; needed to be home quick to pack up for taking the Grandboys for an adventure. So ... I got out at 8:15 to miss the rain, I hoped. Light mist to heavy mist kept alternating on my face, and the dampness made the 42 degrees seem colder.  I got in my ride though 🤗.  Stopped to see if the garden at the elementary school was doing anything — not much, but it has been very cleaned up and ready for any planting now that the kids are soon to be back in school.




Made a brief stop (all my stops had to be brief 😉) for a glimpse of the spouting water fountain, and then a photo of the clock to show the time I was heading back home. Cold, drippy and happy.








#62 April 8, 2021


 Family time ;’-). No long miles but oh so many smiles ;’-). We took the Grandboys for a two night campout and it involved a wonderful bike ride on a trail that led us to hotdogs! There is a rule (I made this up) that on your birthday, or at the least in the month of your birthday, you must bike that many miles. We don’t see these two often enough to ensure they get these miles in at the appropriate age. So today we had the plan to ride 6 year old Etienne’s miles, and ended up passing that at 7 miles. BUT when he turns 7 in August, he must repeat that mileage. Then there is 4 year old Andre. HE has just a day ago with Grandma’s help, learned to ride a pedal bike, graduating from his “scoot bike” (no pedals). He somewhat amazed us by quickly learning to START his bike riding by himself (no help from either grandma) AND riding those entire 7 miles with us. It was such a fantastic day.


Oh yea — they loved the hotdog stand where they each had a “puppy dog” and side treats. Etienne said he thinks we should go there every day 😉.




Getting ready for the big outing...




Andre rides his pedal bike ....... and gets himself started without help!



Etienne and I would stop along the way and wait for them to catch up.





Hotdogs —- the payoff for the ride.







Crossing the Tommy Thompson bridge. 




#63 April 9, 2021


After another short ride with the boys across the Tommy Thompson Bridge and back, Susan would finish up the packing for the trip home. Etienne and Andre wanted a bit more bike riding, a try at finding a geocache, and got to see the sea gulls dropping the clams on the bridge and landing for feed on the meat. The bridge is always strewn with broken clam shells that cyclists need to attempt to avoid and fortunately, as I hear, there is a special ‘sweeper’ that does a duty of cleaning off the shells periodically.


Earlier I had done some of the packing with Susan so I kept riding past camp for a test ride to the ferry landing. It too was short at 7 miles, but I did get in my ride for the day 😊. We were not going to take the ferry, but would be doing that in the near future and wanted to see how a bike ride to there would be. It was ok.


Anacortes is the town where the ferry leaves for the San Juan Islands. It is a town with many murals and some funky stuff as well. Like the peace sign made with buoys ;’-); the castle that appears to be a residence of sorts; and there is the oil refinery that presents beautiful night lights with reflection in the bay. Though the last photo is a bit out of focus, it does show the lights.












We had a bonus weather yesterday with all that sunshine, but today was cloudy and cold with dampness in the air. Not to worry though — we all still had our fun ;’-).


#64 April 10, 2021


My solo ride started in mixed sun and clouds and 38 degrees. I was happy for sun and no rain as the temp got up to a balmy 45 😉. Took a route from home as usual and it included a view of Everett to the north with a container ship anchored out from shore.




 



Sky was blanketed with clouds for part of the day and when the wind came up it was cold riding. Then I would turn into no wind and sun which made it oh so very warm and delicious.


#65 April 11, 2021


Today’s ride would take me to visit a ‘new’ friend. Ann and I have been acquaintances for a while from meetings we have been in together. Recently I learned that she lives in an area where I often bike. Since we both have had our two vaccine shots, and guidelines say it is fine to visit each other, I had the idea of asking if she would like a visit from me. She immediately said yes and there we were.


On the way to and from Ann’s home, I pass by our alien landing pod, and today decided to take my photo for the day.





No comments:

Post a Comment