Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

TEANEURING #3 2021


TEANEURING #3

October 27, 2021
Mel & Mia’s in Perrinville WA
Tea: STASH English Breakfast
Food choice: Cinnamon Batonnet (see in photo)
More than 2 miles

I am so pleased that I followed my instinct to complete TWO of my challenge stops last week. “They” were basically correct about rain and wind for much of this week and it was too icky to even want to ride out there. But I started to miss being in the saddle at about Day 2! Today would be my day and I would add a few extra miles just becuase.

I rode under some clouds with hopes for a few sunbreaks on my way to tea this mid morning, enjoying more of the Halloween decorations around, and some other outdoor attractions.


Our weather is good for something other than ducks… there are toadstools too.



These two bikes have been on display for years, and I never tire of seeing them.



A house that appears to be somewhere in the deep woods, but is not.



So, I arrived in Perrinville sure that I would have my tea at Bistro 76. But then I saw tables set out at Mel & Mia’s across the road and decided that this was finally a time to try out their fare.



And I saw the sign for the Tea House!! I was stoked about this for a time in the future, as I love going for tea at a Tea House. There is a little more to that story, but first my choices.

I do appreciate that Stash tea is a decent tea for ‘bagged’, and that is a good thing as it was my only choice. Huh? I thought there was a tea house here. Wait…

I chose my English breakfast tea bag and perused the ‘unique pastries’ in the case. I chose the one on the middle shelf that is second from the right —- cinnamon batonnet. It was scrumptious with my passable, ok tea.




I asked about the Tea House and was shown to the adjacent room…





It looked kinda nice. But, in my opinion, just because it is decorated like a tea room in pink and has nice china cups and plates, does not make it a “real” tea room if you serve only this selection of tea…



No, no, no! A tea house must have some fine loose leaf tea choices — I say.

The women’s restroom made for an interesting visit. 







I never did see any sun on this ride, but the temp was in the low 50s which made is quite comfortable for riding. I am very happy to have finally tried Mel & Mia’s and might return here at some time in the future, just as a different place for a tea stop. I will not be trying the Tea Room experience here however, and will most likely not go out of my way for a visit. But a nice day and ride today

No comments:

Post a Comment