Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Monday, November 1, 2021

TEANEURING #4 2021

TEANEURING #4
November 1, 2021
My friend Ann’s house, Everett WA
Undisclosed black tea (which was quite good)
Ann had mad mini muffins to accompany our tea

We had two gorgeous weather days and now the rain would return. I got out early this morning to try to miss the impending rain. This ‘sucker hole’ of sun might just last until the end of my ride ;’-). But it sure looks like the rain is on its way.



I met Ann a few years ago at a meeting we both attend, and when she saw I had arrived by bike she gave me this…



Ann’s husband had died not long before our meeting each other, had been an AVID cyclist, and this was something he said no matter what the weather. I was touched that Ann would want to give me this decal, and from then on our friendship grew. I now choose a decent weather day and try to bike to her house for some tea and visiting every few weeks. 

This in front of her house is a tribute to Dan, her husband. And a warm welcoming note on her door.




Ann had set up a delightful tea service for us, with fresh strawberries and homemade mini muffins for our treat.



We had good conversation and soon it was time for me to leave with hopes of missing the impending rain. As I left I remembered to snap a shot of the painted stones in Ann’s little garden near the biking man.



On my ride to home, there were a few big raindrops that plopped on me within half an hour from her house —- about midway to my house. Nothing much came of it, and I was dressed for it anyway ;’-). One more photo for the day to show some fallen leaves that are soon to leave the trees very bare. For now though those trees are holding onto their color with a mighty grip.



It is always a delight to visit with Ann, and I feel fortunate to have met and gotten to know her. Had she never reached out to me with the offering of that decal, this would never have been. Now we are friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment