Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Monday, November 29, 2021

TEANEURING 2021

TEANEURING T+1.  #11

November 29, 2021
Without Walls at Boeing 
Kirkland Hopeful Green Tea
Lara Bar
More than 2 miles

And so it rained! I was correct in doing my challenge tea stops twice a week in most cases, and to complete the challenge early. Our rainiest month of the year did not disappoint. In the rainy days that is. See here… this morning’s news….as of this moment we have had 10.9 inches of rain recorded for Seattle. 18.9 for fall months September - now.

Our wettest early fall ever, and more rain ahead 
The Seattle area has broken a rain record, and another atmospheric river is due tomorrow, although we should get a few little breaks in the days ahead. Over the weekend, heavy rain swamped roads in northwest Washington and a flood siren sounded in the border town of Sumas after the Nooksack River overflowed its banks. Dozens of people sought refuge at an emergency shelter. In Mount Vernon, family dairy farmers are still reeling from the "unimaginable" devastation of mid-November.

So here is photo from the past that I tend to like — I do like old mailboxes as they seem to be on the endangered list. As it turns out, my route today took me past this very mailbox ;’-).



I have been disappointed to not get as many riding days as I would wish for, but did squeeze in a few riding times between moments of rain on some days. I did not take photos on those days, nor did I make any tea stops ;’-(. After four consecutive days of lots of rain, I grabbed this day to get on my bike ;’-).  And so I add another teaneuring contribution to this year’s challenge.

Having had all those days of rain, I prepared for a non-sunny ride today with gray thick clouds cloaking that sky. Imagine my delighted pleasant surprise to see some sun breaking up clouds and a bit of blue sky to welcome me at my ride start. 







Though it might be fleeting, and it basically was, I would appreciate seeing blue sky and shining sun for the first part of my morning ride. It was 50+ degrees and the rain was somewhere else for the morning. Within the first hour I was riding in light mist to later become light drizzle to later become simply cloudy. Good bye blue sky ;’-).

Along my chosen route for this day there are no parks, picnic tables or cafes to sit and enjoy my tea. I did the best I could, and found a lone jersey barrier in a Boeing parking lot. I was all by myself and there were no cars in the lot.



There was only one thing missing: TEA!! My surprise when I reached for my thermos and it wasn’t there 😳. I had brewed the tea, filled the thermos and left it on the counter at home. BUT this was all done in the spirit of coffeeneuring, so I am legal. I think.

All my badges came with me for this final one for the season.



With our next atmospheric river coming tomorrow, that will end my riding for November and for this year’s challenge. But I have no doubt that I will be ABCing (Always Be Coffeeneuring) 😉.

One more photo from the day —- Thanksgiving now being done with, there is this…



We know it is early, but I send these wishes to my friends and faithful readers.

With our next atmospheric river on the way tomorrow, this will be my last ride for the month, and for this year’s challenge. I have no doubt that I will be ABCing (Always Be Coffeeneruing) to continue on and stay in shape for next year’s challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment