Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Saturday, November 13, 2021

TEANEURING BONUS T+1 (#8)


TEANEURING BONUS T+1 (#8)

November 13, 2021
Catalyst Cafe, downtown Everett WA
Steep English BreakfastTea (Bigelow product)
Cheese Danish
At least 2 miles

I’m not sure how to number these once I have begun some bonus rounds ;’-).

Two consecutive days of heavy rain meant I HAD to get out today during the non-raining morning hours.

Non-raining did not mean sunny and blue…



nor did it mean dry. The fog was thick enough to cause heavy mist.


If this had lasted too long, I was prepared to turn around and head back home. Fortunately, in about half an hour, the fog started to lift and I could see a bit in the distance. I could see little since there were heavy low clouds about. But I made my way to tea.



A new place opened in downtown Everett just a week ago, and I was keen to try it out. The sign says “Catalyst”. Cafe is so new, they do not yet have a proper sign. And there is my selfie ;’-).



There were two staff people and I was one of only three customers. Not only did they happily allow me to bring my bike inside, one of them came around to hold the door open for me!!



I chose my cheese Danish and perused the tea selection.



Though I have had, and liked, Bigelow tea, I am unfamiliar with the “Steep” product. Not surprisingly, I chose English breakfast and took a seat as they served me at the table. Next time I think I will try the Oolong Jasmine Green Tea. The name intrigues me.






A bonus was to get to use the restroom. On my rides, it is not always easy to find a restroom as I seldom actually stop in somewhere. Here they have decorated their water heater ;’-).



The tea was good, the cheese Danish too, the staff were friendly and helpful. The cafe is quite basic and will most likely be adding more as they progress in business. I will return here again sometime and try to get some others to try it as well. My ride home was still dry and I added hand warmers to my mittens as my hands were the only or the main part of my body that were cold on the way here. A good day and a good ride before more days of heavy rain begin again!

2 comments:

  1. Nice fog and tea, Nancy! As you know by now, everyone enjoys your foggy pictures!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne. I do appreciate fog at times! We get quite a bit of it depending on season ;’-).

      Delete